Astana to continue operation for return of Kazakhstani citizens from Syria - MFA

Date: 08:24, 22-01-2019.

Astana. January 22. KazTAG - Kazakhstan plans to return its citizens from Syria, said Aibek Smadiyarov, official representative of the Foreign Ministry of Kazakhstan.
In the result of humanitarian operation conducted by Kazakhstani law enforcement bodies and the Foreign Ministry, 47 citizens of Kazakhstan, including 30 children were evacuated from Syria on January 6. They had been deceptively taken to the country where they became hostages of terrorists. These people voluntarily decided to return to the motherland, some of them were ready to face criminal prosecution.
"We can say that it has not been the final stage of the operation, it has been the beginning," said A. Smadyarov.
"We will continue it. We will return more people," he said.
According to the special services, several hundreds of the citizens of Kazakhstan may be in the Syrian conflict zone, including women and children.

Photo source: picture from an open source

Share the news: