Two French schools to shut down next week due to coronavirus fears

Date: 12:38, 10-02-2020.

Almaty. February 10. KazTAG - Two French schools near a ski resort in eastern France where five Britons have tested positive for coronavirus will shut down next week as a precaution, local officials said on Saturday, reports CNN.
One of those infected is a student, local health official Jean-Yves Grall said Saturday.
Speaking at a news conference, Grall said 11 Britons, including the five who tested positive for the virus, are being examined in local hospitals. The group includes a 9-year-old child who recently spent time in a school in Contamines-Montjoie, a mountain village of which he was also resident, as well as in another school where he took French lessons.
Speaking to BFM TV, Contamines-Montjoie mayor Étienne Jacquet said three of the British children being examined, including the child who tested positive, attended local schools.
Jacquet said that while two schools were being shut down, there was no discussion of a “confinement situation” for the time being.
Jacquet added: “All people diagnosed are in hospital care.”
Earlier on Saturday, France’s Health Minister Agnes Buzyn said at a press conference “none of them are in serious condition.”
Grall also said a British national had travelled from Singapore to Contamines-Montjoie ski resort on Jan. 24 for a four-day trip and had sojourned with the British nationals before returning to the UK on Jan. 28.

Photo source: picture from an open source

Share the news: