Woman and 11-year-old girl died from carbon monoxide poisoning in Akmola region

Date: 10:48, 21-10-2019.

Astana. October 21. KazTAG - A woman and an 11-year-old girl died from carbon monoxide poisoning in the Akmola region, reports the press service of emergency situations of the Ministry of Interior Affairs.
"A woman, born in 1997, and a girl born in 2008 died of carbon monoxide poisoning on October 19, in the city of Makinsk, Bulandynsky district, the Akmola region," said Nursultan Nurakhmetov,  official representative of the committee of emergency situations.
He urged people to comply with the rules for operating heating furnaces; their violation can lead to irreversible consequences, such as carbon monoxide poisoning.
“In the time of operation of furnace heating it is not allowed: 1) to leave  heating furnaces unattended; 2) to place fuel prepared for combustion, as well as other combustible substances and materials on the pre-furnace sheet; 3) to use flammable and combustible liquids for igniting solid fuel furnaces; 4) to dry combustible substances and materials (shoes, clothes, firewood) at a distance of less than 0.5 m from the surface of the stove and chimneys," he said.

Photo source: picture from an open source

Share the news: